Friday 26 December 2014

How to be happy

Hey strangers!

Firstly I apologise for the inconsistancy of my blog. I don't want this to be a place that I fill with negativity but most of the time when I feel like writing, it's because I'm in a negative place. I think as a new years resolution I will maybe set myself a goal of posting once a week... what do you think, sound realistic???

So how was everyone's Christmas day??

I got lots of bits and bobs, my main present this year was a robot arm... yes you read right... a robot arm! I know this sounds very odd but its an inside thing with me and my mum. Basically whenever I'm feeling low or fed up and she asks what I want to do, I always say build a robot. Random I know, but how cool would it be building a little robot?!

Xmas day was kind of quiet this year, I come from a reasonably big family but my siblings have moved out, one sister moved up north with her partner so now lives 4 hours away and my other sister moved to Australia so is a good 24 hours away! My brother only lives a short drive but he works a lot of long shifts so we don't get to see him to often. My mum works on Christmas day too which isn't the best but it could be worse! So yeah, if everyones home with their partners too then we have a full house of 9 people! but this year it was just me mum and dad mostly, except the few hours my brother came over in the morning.

What did you guys get for Christmas??? I think the best thing for me was spending time with my mum and dad, shutting out the rest of the world and playing board games and having a laugh. Things have been a struggle recently so doing this was just what I needed.

So I've called this blog post "how to be happy" but honestly, I don't think there really is any one answer of how to be happy. I think a good start is surround yourself with the people that make you happy. For me, thats my mum and dad. When things get tough home is where I want to be.

Another thing I would recommend is reading. I love reading because I get so into the story that it takes me out of reality and the story is all I am thinking about. My favourite book that I've read in the last year is Nothing Left to Lose. I would definitely recommend it!!

Tonight I've been feeling a little low so I've lit my favourite scented candle, opened up a tub of jelly tots and I'm going to play some Grand Theft Auto.

Surround yourselves with the people and things that make you happy, it's ok to take yourself out of reality from time to time, but don't run from it. Eventually you will have to face it again, but if things get too much, go to your safe place :)

Have you got any ways that help make yourself happy? Write them in the comments... lets try make this a positive space.

I'll write again soon (hopefully!!!). Remember, live life for you.

Toodles.. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment